shroudBNC is a modular IRC proxy written in C++. It is capable of proxying IRC connections for multiple users. Using TCL scripts it can be extended.
Among its features you can find a user-friendly web interface (written in TCL and PHP) which allows you to easily create and manage your users. Some screenshots are also available.
A variety of operating systems are currently supported: Linux and FreeBSD (and possibly other variations of BSD).
- support for TCL scripts and partial emulation of eggdrop commands
- web interface (which can easily be customized)
- SSL support for both IRC and client connections; including support for client-certificates (and thus public key/passwordless authentication)
- built-in flood protection (so you do not get „excess flood” errors)
- module support (c++ shared libraries)
- asynchronous dns resolving so the bouncer does not freeze while users reconnect
- private messages are logged when users are not connected to the bouncer
- support for IPv6
- vhost.tcl: limit number of users per virtual host
- virtual.tcl: adds „groups” and „virtual admins” who are able to create/manage users within their own group
- lock.tcl: allows you to disable settings for specific users or globally
- partyline.tcl: „internal” channels for bouncer users
- and a lot more…
The following downloads are currently available:
shroudBNC development (Git access)
- GitHub: http://github.com/gunnarbeutner/shroudbnc
- Git URL: git://github.com/gunnarbeutner/shroudbnc.git
If you plan to submit patches for shroudBNC you should use the Git repository.
Are you having problems with installing or running shroudBNC?
In case you have not found a solution in the README files which are contained in the shroudBNC .tar.gz you can try the following support methods:
- Wiki: – Our wiki provides information about setting up shroudBNC and frequently asked questions.
- IRC: #sbnc @ irc.quakenet.org – There’s usually someone available at our IRC channel who can help you with your questions.
- Bug Tracker
We offer a lot of support for shroudBNC – however you can also support us:
Donations will help me to keep working on this project.